|A crossover sub is used to crossover from one connection size to another or as the disposable|
component used to extend the connection life of a more expensive drill stem member.
Crossover subs are available with:
- box x pin
- box x box or
- pin x pin connections.
Crossover Subs are manufactured from 4145M or 4140HT alloy steel. The connections are protected
by a phosphate surface coating that minimizes galling on initial make-up.
When ordering, please specify:
- Identify sub use. Example: Kelly Sub, crossover drill pipe to drill collar, drill collar to drill collar, bit sub, etc
- Overall length
- Largest diameter
- Bore ID
- Size and type of upper and lower connections, indicating pin or box
- Cast or pressed-steel thread protectors
- For Reduced Section Subs, add: diameter of reduced section
- Length of reduced section: 8", 12", 18" or 24"
- For Bit Subs, add: float bore size and type if desired